Many of our daily activities increase the potential for harmful contaminants inside the home.
While most airborne particles are invisible to the human eye, you will feel the difference of having clean air with Coway's state-of-the-art air purifying technology.
Step 1: Pre-Filter
The prefilter prolongs the life on the next step by capturing large dust particles, pet hair, and other contaminants. It is also washable and easy to dry which provides you with a better long term investment for better air purification.
Activated Carbon Filter and GreenHEPA™-filter combined through the advanced micro-seal process for maximum performance and easy maintenance.
Perfect for odorous gasses and VOC's
providing powerful deodorisation, Coway's advanced Activated Carbon Filter removes 99% of odour-causing and harmful gasses like VOCs, which can cause headaches, nausea, or worse. Infused with a special tratment, the surface of the filter is created with a unique geometric structure that enhances its deodorisation efficiency.
Perfect for ultrafine particles like virusses and bacteria
Meet Coway GreenHEPA™ technology with this special Coway-engeneered filter. The certified Coway GreenHEPA™ filter captures an incredible 99.9% of viruses, bacteria, fungi and pollen.³
To inhibit the growth of these harmful particles, the filter is applied with an effective antimicrobial treatment that is both EPA and ECHA registered. Within 24 hours, these contaminants are inactivated and spread cannot occur.
Extra step: Optional Filter Add-ons
Enhance your air quality by choosing the filter based on your specific needs.
1. The concentration of ammonia, acetaldehyde and acetic acid were proven to be removed within 30 minutes by FCG Research Institute Inc. Human Life Science Lab. It is not a demonstration result in the actual use space. Not all odours and gasses may be supported.
→ Tested with AIRMEGA MIGHTY(AP-1512HH), AIRMEGA 400S(AP-2015F), AIRMEGA 200(AP1018F), AIRMEGA 600(AP2318P), AIRMEGA STORM mini(AP-1220B), AIRMEGA 150(AP1019C).
2. Coway air purifiers have been proven to trap dust, pollen, dander, viruses, and bacteria in the air based on KCL (Korea Conformity Laboratories) testing. They have been tested in a 30 m² size chamber according to the Korea Air Cleaning Association Standard (SPS-KACA 002-132:2018 Modified) to measure the 0.01µm size of particle removal rate. It was tested on maximum fan speed in normal room temperature and humidity conditions. The performance may vary in the actual living environment of customers.
→ Tested with AP-1004AH, AIRMEGA 200(AP1018F), AIRMEGA 150(AP1019C), AIRMEGA AP-1216L, AIRMEGA STORM mini (AP-1220B), AIRMEGA MIGHTY(AP-1512H), AIRMEGA 300S(AP1515G/H), AIRMEGA 400S(AP-2015E/F), AIRMEGA Storm (AP-1516D), AIRMEGA 600(AP-2318P), AIRNEGA 250(AP-1720G/H)
3. 99.9% of viruses, bacteria, fungi, and pollen were verified to be removed from the air for Coway air purifiers which has GreenHEPA™-filter applied based on the Japan Food Research laboratories (JFRL) testing according to JEM 1467 standard.
→ Tested with AIRMEGA Storm(AP-1516D), AIRMEGA STORM mini(AP-1220B), AIRMEGA MIGHTY(AP-1512HH) for now but AIRMEGA 150(AP-1019C), AIRMEGA 250(AP-1720G/H) AIRMEGA 300S(AP-1515G/H), AIRMEGA 400S(AP-2015E/F), will acquire the result in 2H, 2021.
→ All tested by JFRL and received above result within below time:
- Virus: Tested with Escherichia coli phage ΦX174 NBRC 103405, 60 minutes
- Bacteria: Tested with Staphylococcus epidermidis NBRC 12993, 60 minutes
- Fungi/Mold: Tested with Penicillium citrinum NBRC 6352, 60 minutes
- Pollen: Tested with Cedar Pollen extract, 30 minutes
4-1 Tested with Influenza A virus (H1N1) and Staphylococcus aereus on Coway's GreenHEPA™ filter media by Japan Food Research Laboratories (JFRL) and no growth was found on the material after 24 hours kept in room temperature.
→ Both tests were performed on small test pieces cut from the GreenHEPA™ filter media, so this disclaimer can be used for any Coway products that use this filter.
- Virus: Tested with Influenza A virus (H1N1), 3cm x 3cm autoclaved piece
- Bacteria: Staphylococcus aureus, inoculated on 50mm x 50mm test piece.
4-2 Tested with Human Coronavirus (HCoV-OC43) on Coway's GreenHEPA™ filter media by BioPS Co., Ltd for inactivation efficacy of contact times and after 2 hours kept in room temperature 99.999% of virus was removed and no growth was found on the filter media. Same result was observed after 12 and 24 hours. The test was specifically conducted with Human Coronavirus (HCoV-OC43) as the experimental model virus (NOT Covid-19 (SARS-CoV-2)) because OC-43 is one of the seven types of Coronaviruses that can be infected to human (NCIRD. 2020).
→ Above tests were performed on small test pieces cut from the GreenHEPA™ filter media, so this disclaimer can be used for any Coway products that use this filter.