Information You Choose to Submit
We collect information that personally identifies you, such as your name, telephone number, billing and shipping address, credit card number and other payment information, email address and other data that can be reasonably linked to such information ('Personal Information') only if you choose to share such information with us. For example, you will be required to provide us with certain Personal Information to register for Services and to purchase products. The decision to provide this information is optional; however, if you decide not to register or provide such information, you may not be able to use some or all of the features of the Services, including, without limitation, making purchases. You may review, correct, update or change your Personal Information or remove your Personal Information from our direct marketing efforts, at any time by visiting your profile or account page in the Services, or by contacting us at: firstname.lastname@example.org+44 (0) 2032 807197
Information We Automatically Collect
We automatically collect information that does not reflect or reference an individually identifiable user ('Non-Personal Information') to help us understand how our users use the Services. Like most websites, we automatically collect and use the data contained in log files. The information in the log files may include the IP address of the computer or server that you are using to access the Services, the IP address and/or the URL from the website you visited just before you visited our Site, the URL of the page you visit upon leaving the Services, if any, and the type of browser and operating system and device you are using. This anonymous usage information may be associated with your username and profile, but we will not disclose the associated information to third parties.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Do Not Track
Our Websites will not respond to web browser 'do not track' signals that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time. Our mobile application will not respond to such signals.
How We Use Your Information
We may use Personal Information and Non-personal Information for internal purposes, such as to process and fulfil your orders, to communicate with you regarding your orders and deliveries, to notify you of new products or services, to send service notifications, to customise the advertising and content you see, to improve the Services, to conduct research, to solicit your feedback and input about the Services and to provide more relevant products, services and advertisements and relevant information useful for customers on or through the Services. Such information may be combined with data collected from other sources so that we may further improve the relevance of products, services and advertisements offered on or through the Services.
How We Share Your Information
Single-Sign-On Services. We offer a single-sign-on service with certain third-party applications and services with whom we have a trusted relationship. The single-sign-on service allows you to access and use the third-party applications using your Coway account information. In order to enable the single-sign-on service, we share personal information with the third-party providers of these applications and services. These third-party providers agree with us to use such personal information solely for the purpose of enabling the single-sign-on and agree not to use or disclose such personal information for any other purposes. They also agree to implement and maintain security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of the information involved in order to protect your information from unauthorised access, destruction, use, modification or disclosure.
Service Providers. From time to time, we may establish a business relationship with other persons or entities whom we believe trustworthy and whom we have asked to confirm that their privacy practices are consistent with ours ('Service Providers'). For example, we may contract with Service Providers to provide certain services on our behalf, such as production and fulfilment, payment processing, hosting and maintenance, data storage and management services, and marketing and promotions. We provide our Service Providers with the information reasonably necessary for them to perform these services, which may include certain Personal Information such as your name and email address. Each Service Provider must agree to implement and maintain reasonable security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of the information involved in order to protect your information from unauthorised access, destruction, use, modification or disclosure.
Aggregate Information. We may use, and disclose to third parties, certain Non-personal Information regarding the Services (e.g. the total number of persons purchasing particular items, the aggregate number of purchases from a particular geographic location, etc.). However, such information does not identify you individually.
Our Affiliates. We may disclose your information with entities controlling, controlled by or under common control with the Company.
Legal Disclosures. In certain instances, we may disclose your information when we believe it is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against persons or entities in order to protect us or our users, or when we believe that the law or legal process requires such disclosure. For example, we may share information to reduce the risk of fraud or if someone uses or attempts to use the Services for illegal reasons, such as an intellectual property rights violation, or to commit fraud.
Change in Control Transactions. In addition, in the event that the Company is merged, sold or in the event of a transfer of some or all of our assets, we may disclose or transfer your information in connection with such transaction.
Links to Other Sites and Third-party Applications
Information that we collect is stored on servers using standard security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of the information in an effort to protect information from unauthorised access, destruction, use, modification or disclosure. However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, although we strive to protect information transmitted on or through the Services, we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit on or through the Services, and you do so at your own risk.
Please be aware that your Personal Information and communications may be transferred to and maintained on servers or databases located outside your state, province or country, including in the United States and Korea. If you are located outside the United States, please be advised that the laws in the United States may not be as protective of your privacy as those in your location. By using the Services, you agree that the collection, use, transfer and disclosure of your Personal Information and communications will be governed by the applicable laws in the United States.
Children’s Privacy Statement
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received Personal Information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete such information from our records.
Collection of personal information and purpose of use
Processing and retention period for personal information
Providing personal information to a third party
Consignment of personal information processing
Procedures and methods of destroying personal information
Chief Privacy Officer
Members' right to legal representation and how to exercise them
Members' rights and obligations
Technical and administrative measures to protect personal information
Matters concerning installation and operation of the automatic collection device of personal information, and rejection of it
1. Collection of Personal Information and Purpose of Use
(1) The purpose of collecting Members' personal information to collect the minimum information necessary to confirm the identity of the Members and their intention to use our services, and provide appropriate services to them. We may collect additional information when necessary to deal with payments, delivery and complaints.
(2) The Company will not use this information for any other purpose other than the original purpose of collection, or will not provide it to a third party without the consent of the Member.
(3) The Company collects the following personal information for membership, smooth customer counselling, confirmation of identity, delivery and confirmation of notices, communication procedures such as confirmation of the personal intention, and provision of services (products) and events.
Coway IoCare Member (Web, Mobile)
Member management, identity verification, and service provision
(Required) Full name (nickname), Member ID, mobile phone number or email * When using a registered product, you’re required to provide your mobile phone number (Optional) Mobile phone number or email
Order and payment
Name of financial institution, credit card number (card number, expiration date), and account number
Delivery and installation of goods
Recipient and service user name, phone number, address, invoice number, product information (product name, model name, barcode number, etc.)
(4) The Company may collect personal information in the following manner: Homepage, mobile service (web/app) membership, writing, fax, telephone, call centre, event participation, etc.
(5) For collecting personal information, the Company shall establish procedures so that the minimum personal information required for service provision is classified as 'mandatory information' and other personal information is classified as 'optional information'. The Company does not refuse to provide its services to those who do not provide further personal information other than the minimum personal information needed for the membership.
(6) Collection and use of personal information via smartphone mobile apps
Before collecting or transmitting the personal information of Members, we notify them of the fact and obtain their approval.
Even if the app is deleted from the smartphone, the member’s account will be retained, so please contactCustomer Centre (+44 (0) 2032 807197)to withdraw the membership and remove your records.
2. Processing and Retention Period for Personal Information
(1) In principle, the personal information of the Member is destroyed without delay when the purpose of collecting and using the personal information is achieved.
Act on the Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce, etc.
Records of agreement or withdrawal
Records of payment and goods supply
Records of consumer complaints or disputes
Protection of Communications Secrets Act
Website access history
(2) If it is necessary to preserve the information in accordance with relevant laws such as the Commercial Act, the Act on the Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce, etc., the Company keeps the Member’s information for a certain period as stipulated by the relevant laws and regulations.
3. Providing Personal Information to a Third Party
The Company, in principle, does not use the personal information of Members or provide it to other persons, or other companies or organisations beyond the notifications stated in '1. Purpose of Collection and Use of Personal Information'. However, the following exceptions apply:
(1) If the Member agrees to provide their personal information to a third party
(2) If there are special regulations in other laws
Retention and use of personal information
System construction, maintenance and operation
Until the consignment purposes are fulfilled, and the contract ends
4. Consignment of personal information processing
In order to provide good services, the Company entrusts its tasks to an external agency (hereinafter 'personal information processing consignment') with regard to collection, storage, processing, use, provision, management and destruction of personal information. When any of the following items are changed, we will also obtain the Member’s consent.
A person who is entrusted with handling personal information
Consigned services for personal information processing
(2) The Company entrusts personal information processing as follows:
5. Procedures and Methods of Destroying Personal Information
(1) The Company shall, in principle, destroy the personal information provided by the Member without delay after the purpose of collection and use has been achieved.
(2) The information collected through membership registration is stored in a separate DB after the purpose is achieved, and deleted after a certain period of time.
6. Chief Privacy Officer
We value your opinions very much, and you can report to the privacy protection authority regarding the complaints about privacy that may arise while you use our services. ( +44 (0) 2032 email@example.com)
Chief Privacy Officer
ICT Strategy Room
Information Strategy Team
Complaints handling of personal information
Information Strategy Team
In addition, you can contact the following organisation to resolve a dispute or consult about personal information infringement. – Total support portal for personal information protection: www.privacy.go.kr – Privacy Call Centre and Dispute Mediation Committee: http://privacy.kisa.or.kr/(Without an area code)118 – Cyber Crime Investigation Division, Supreme Prosecutors’ Office: www.ctrc.go.kr/1301 (With no area code) – Cyber Bureau, National Police Agency: www.ctrc.go.kr/182 (With no area code)
7. Members' Right to Legal Representation and How to Exercise Them
(1) Members and their legal representatives may at any time view or modify their own personal information, and may request to terminate their subscription. (2) You can view or correct your personal information, or withdraw your membership after your identity is confirmed by clicking 'Change personal information' or 'Withdraw membership' (withdraw your consent). (3) If you contact the personal information manager in writing or in person by phone or e-mail, we will check and take action. (4) If a Member requests correction of an error in personal information, we will not use or provide the existing information until the correction is completed. Also, if wrong personal information has already been provided to a third party, we will notify them of the fact so that corrections are made without delay. (5) As for the personal information that has been revoked or deleted at the request of a Member or their legal representative, the Company shall process it according to the 'Article 2 Processing and Retention Period of Personal Information', and shall not view or use it for other purposes.
8. Members' Rights and Obligations
Members shall be responsible for the damage caused by incorrect information entered by them, and for maintaining the security of ID and password. Those who enter false information or steal private information, they may lose membership or their access to the service may be suspended. The Member must comply with the Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilisation and Information Protection, etc., and the Personal Information Protection Act and other personal information laws.
9. Technical and Administrative Measures to Protect Personal Information
The Company takes the following technical and administrative measures to ensure that Members' personal information is not lost, stolen, leaked, altered or damaged in the process of handling it.
We apply protection measures such as encryption of personal identification information to keep it from hacking, training of handling staff, minimising the number of the handling staff, and operation of a dedicated organisation for protection of personal information.
10. Matters Concerning Installation and Operation of the Automatic Collection Device of Personal Information, and Rejection of it
(1) The purpose of cookies Cookies are used for target marketing and customised services as they can help analyse the access frequency and visit time of Members and non-Members, ascertain Members' tastes and interests, and identify the level and frequency of Members' participation in various events.
(2) Installing/operating and rejecting cookies Members have the option to accept cookies. Through the options in the web browser, Members can choose whether to allow all cookies, or check each time a cookie is saved, or refuse to accept all the cookies. However, if you refuse to save cookies, you may not be able to use some services that require login. – How to set cookies (for Internet Explorer): From your web browser, go to Tools > Internet Options > Privacy at the top.
– Effective date: 20th December 2017
Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.